PARISH RENEWAL PROGRAMME 2022
Welcome to week three of our Parish Renewal Programme!
This week celebrates the role of our parish as a community of faith – as an authentic community where people are welcomed, known and loved. It is a place of care, support and outreach – with a clear mission to live the values of the Gospel. This means that we have a responsibility to use our gifts and talents for the benefit of others – making our time available to be involved in one of our many Groups and Ministries. We all have a contribution to make – so have a look at the “Groups & Ministries” form to see what best suits you.
Today we will hear from members of the Parish Leadership Team who will share with us the impact of faith and our parish on their lives and how important it is for us all to make our contribution to parish life. We thank them for doing so!
PARISH INFORMATION MEETING
This key event of the Programme will be held on Tuesday 31 May at 7.30pm in the St Kevin’s Parish Hall. This is a great opportunity to get together, celebrate our achievements and discuss our plans for the future. Light refreshments will also be provided. We look forward to seeing you there
THOUGHTS FROM OUR LEADERSHIP TEAM on the importance of being actively involved in Parish Groups & Ministries
– The vibrancy of the parish will depend on your involvement in the parish
– The parish can function only if there is involvement of parishioners
– It gives me a feeling of belonging, awakens my spirituality and mental wellbeing
– Without the people there is no parish. This is the reason we all have to actively participate in the various parish groups
– Gives you an opportynity to meet and get to know people of faith ang grow as a community
– Children have a safe environment to create and foster new friendships that will help them in their faith journey
– Self fulfilment, a feeling of belonging and a way of giving back to the church
– Bring new ideas; do things differently and keep up with the changing times
– My personal involvement in Parish Groups will assist to uplift the Parish future plans
– Active involvement is key to the life of any congregation. It keeps the parish alive, hence active involvement is like blood that runs the parish
– A parish group or ministry is a great way to actively put your faith into practice whether it be by helping out driving to Mass or facilitating the functioning of the parish. It also enkindles a sense of belonging and of being one as a community
POPE FRANCIS SAYS
“A parish is a community of communities, a sanctuary where the thirsty come to drink in the midst of their journey, and a centre of constant missionary outreach” – Pope Francis, Evangelii Gaudium 28
Parish Renewal Programme Prayer
Dear Lord, we thank you for our Parish of St Kevin’s – Hampton Park.
We are called to service and to witness, through our Baptism;
and in the Eucharist we sustain and strengthen that call.
We follow your example and proclaim our beliefs, by serving others.
We demonstrate our love and care, by our Christian generosity.
Help us Lord, to always worship you as you deserve, to grow in faith and service
and to give without counting the cost.
We ask this through Christ our Lord. Amen.