PARISH RENEWAL PROGRAMME 2022
Welcome to the final week of our Parish Renewal Programme!
In recent weeks we have reflected on the role of faith in our lives and the importance of coming together to celebrate the Eucharist each weekend. We have also considered the notion of our parish as a community of faith and how we can make our own contribution to parish life by being involved in our Groups & Ministries.
This week brings it all together. We look to the future – imagining what sort of parish we want to be. Ours is one filled with optimism – but one that needs the support and contribution of every individual is we are to achieve our dreams.
This week we ask you to finalise your commitments by:
- Signing up for a Parish Group or Ministry
- Making your meaningful pledge of financial support to the Thanksgiving Programme
At all Masses over the weekend, Fr Des will be encouraging us with our commitments. We also welcome Therese Proy who will coordinate the distribution/completion/collection process with assistance from members of the Leadership Team.
We thank you in advance for your generous support.
THOUGHTS FROM OUR LEADERSHIP TEAM on
- the importance of supporting our Parish financially through our Parish Renewal Programme?
- The survival / improvement of the parish will depend on its financial health
- Giving a percentage of my salary will help to do many things and it’s my way of saying thanks to God
- Charity begins here
- All activities here have a financial aspect and to be able to run those activities we have to find the necessary financial support
- Foster new growth and sustain the parish ministries
- It is an honour to have a church to celebrate our faith in and a “thank you” to God for all his blessings
- Finance is an important element to sustain the church in its growth and in turn help our community to grow in its spiritual journey
- Growth of the parish and development of its vision
- It is important to support the parish financially as it will definitely help the parish in its future plans and budgets
- Financial support is fundamental to fuel the development of activities that keep improving the parish. It is directly proportional to the spiritual well-being of the parish and parishioners
- The parish cannot function without finance, everything needs money. There are costs and expenses that need to be covered and this is essential for the smooth running of the parish
AS WE HEAR FROM ST PETER
“The Church of God that will last into eternity is the Church of living stones, built upon the cornerstone of Christ that must constantly be built up.” (1 Peter 2:5)
Parish Renewal Programme Prayer
Dear Lord, we thank you for our Parish of St Kevin’s – Hampton Park.
We are called to service and to witness, through our Baptism;
and in the Eucharist we sustain and strengthen that call.
We follow your example and proclaim our beliefs, by serving others.
We demonstrate our love and care, by our Christian generosity.
Help us Lord, to always worship you as you deserve, to grow in faith and service
and to give without counting the cost.
We ask this through Christ our Lord. Amen.
Please find attached our Parish Groups & Ministries Sheet as well as our Pledge Card that can be printed or downloaded, filled out and returned to church, either in-person or via email to HamptonPark@cam.org.au